If you find an injured reptile or amphibian, please contact Think Wild at 541 241 8680.
Think Wild can rehabilitate native, non-venomous reptiles and amphibians. There are no native tortoises in Central Oregon - if you have found a tortoise, please contact The Reptile Zone at (541) 728-0620.
Do not handle an amphibian with your bare hands as the oil on your hands can damage their vulnerable skin. Wear wet plastic gloves or use a wet plastic baggy to pick up the amphibian and put it in a moist container.
If you are not comfortable handling the reptile to bring to us for care, give us a call and we will do our best to assist. Do not approach a rattlesnake.
Rattlesnake Conflict? Here are some tips:
Presence in yard
- Avoid luring any prey animals in with dog or cat food, as well as dog poop
- Do not overwater lawn, as this attracts frogs which are also a prey source
- Avoid planting low to the ground plants that provide a large amount of shade
- Trim plants so that there is six inches between the ground and the plant
- Keep firewood away from the house as this makes a good hiding place for prey items
- Avoid shady and damp areas at peak heat times
- Stay away from tall vegetation near streams or rivers
- Keep pets out of these locations as well