Think Wild COVID-19 Safety Protocols
Think Wild is committed to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace for staff, volunteers and program participants. Our facility ensures a high level of cleanliness and strict adherence to biosecurity protocols due to the nature of our work with wild animals. – Updated 01/10/21
We follow the COVID-19 specific protocols in alignment with recommendations by the CDC:
- Staff are required to be fully-vaccinated unless Think Wild is provided proof of medical exemption.
- In-person volunteers are required to be fully vaccinated unless Think Wild is provided proof of medical exemption.
- Think Wild requires visible proof of vaccination on first day of volunteer shift, to be signed off by appropriate Think Wild staff.
COVID-19 Positive Test and Exposure Guidelines
- Staff and volunteers that have been exposed to COVID-19 must quarantine according to CDC protocols.
- Staff and volunteers that have COVID-19 symptoms and/or test positive must isolate until discontinue criteria are met (5 days if asymptomatic and 10 days if symptomatic).
- Day 1 constitutes of day of first symptom or positive test result
- Masks are required at all times while at Think Wild (mask must be worn with face shields).
- Staff and volunteers maintain 6-foot distance when possible (exceptions include during animal intake exams and procedures).
- All surfaces are disinfected with Rescue daily and after every animal procedure.
- No more than eight people may be in the Think Wild wildlife hospital at one time.
- Staff and volunteers must wear proper PPE as specified in PPE guidelines during animal procedures.