Think Wild is excited to extend exclusive volunteer opportunities to students ages 12-17 as part of our new teen and youth volunteering program.
Volunteers in this program will gain a behind-the-scenes look into the career of wildlife rehabilitation and all that it takes to run a wildlife hospital, care for wildlife ambassadors, educate the public about wildlife coexistence, and more.
Teen and youth volunteers will meet twice monthly for diverse volunteer opportunities related to Think Wild’s mission to inspire the high desert community to care for and protect native wildlife through education, conservation, and rescue and rehabilitation.
- Assist in diet preparation for wildlife patients and ambassador animals.
- Care for the Think Wild native pollinator garden.
- Create enrichment for wildlife patients and ambassador animals.
- Keep the Think Wild property clean and tidy.
- Prepare education program materials and programs.
- Spread awareness about native wildlife by tabling at local events and businesses.
- Assist in fundraising.
- And more!
Teen and youth volunteers will meet the first Wednesday of each month from 3-5pm and the second Sunday of each month from 1-3pm at Think Wild in Bend. Volunteers are encouraged to attend at least once a month and both days if available. The program will officially launch on Wednesday, April 3rd. Special additional opportunities may become available as events, etc. are scheduled.
1. Submit a youth volunteer application below.
2. Have a parent or guardian sign a minor liability waiver here: https://app.waiversign.com/e/63194f3e6e6bf2001858fd39/doc/63195025476fef001858fe8e?event=none